Remember the time when MK4 Keypads were the bottleneck or a bit later the 50 purple hairdryers (Syringe). We didn’t know what a real grind is.
It all started before the level 80 update. The developer announced 24h before the update, they add additional ingredient to 4 gear crafting recipes
- Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Caller (+50 Mk 9 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage)
- Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace (+50 Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage)
- Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner (+50 Mk 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage)
- Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech (+50 Mk 10 Neuro-Saav Electrobinoculars Salvage)
Some of us prepared for the level update and stockpiled the maximum energy (2100 energy) for a faster level increase. But this plan changed immediately and everything went into pre-crafting those 4 items as long they still had the old recipes.
Others were not so lucky and missed the news or had no character leveled high enough to craft the items or just didn’t stockpile at all. A part even thought it would be an April fool from EA. But now we know these 4 recipes are the hardest to farm.
The credit crunch
1 Charactar needs..
- Level up form 1 to 80 = 4,6 mio
- Star up to 7* = ~1,8 mio (10k + 20k + 50k + 250k + 500k + 1mio)
- and Gear = 0,5 mio (depending on the char.)
= ~ 7mio per character.
Your ~ income is:
- GW = ~450k/day ,
- Cantina Battles (stage 6 battles + 1 refesh) = 120k
- 2* 3 Bounty Hunter Tier 5 / week = ~560k/week or ~ 80k/day
- 10-50k from energy
= your income is about 700k / day
In that easy example you take about 10 days/char. to max him, if you don’t spend any crystals on credit packs or aurodium. Btw don’t use energy for the credit events, they are not worth it.
You need for most abilities 5 omegas! Assuming we only get 1 Omega per day, means you take between 15-25 days of farming / char to max abilities.
How many purple gear you get, depends on the Tier of your guild, your guild contribution and your rng luck in the raids. The only gear also available in the shipments is the MK5 Fusion.
The Gear Wall
Purple gear is not equal purple gear. Some you already farmed over 100 and other have non at all. At the end of the day the raid only gear will take the longest. But which character needs what gear?
Overview (sorted by total gear)
Total Overview (sorted by Char.)
Rules of Thumb
- Gear up your most important chars. first (Arena Team / Raid Team / GW Team)
- Gear up your Attackers (Rey, Leia, GS…) before your Toolbox Chars (Obi-wan, Ackbar, Phasma…) On ability mats its the contrary.
- If you have to choose between more character, use the one you can fully upgrade first (e.g. only the 6th gear spot is open)
- Look at http://www.swgoh.gg if your charactar can fill up gear spots after the upgrade (e.g. QGJ cant use any gear on g11. So you probably wanna gear up someone else first before you use the nubian scanner to upgrade him from g10 to g11)